Lamb Stir-Fry with Pomegranate and Yogurt

Lamb Stir-Fry with Pomegranate and Yogurt

Monday, July 19, 2010

Dessert instead of Booze


Most have you have heard my theory regarding sugar cravings and alcohol consumption this summer. I have never liked sweets and didn’t consider dessert to be an integral part of a meal. Now that I’m pregnant, I demand it after every meal…make that after every snack. I think the intense sugar cravings occur because I’m not getting my daily intake of sugar from wine, beer, margaritas, etc. Regardless of the reasons, I have had fun exploring new desserts from foie gras crème brulee (fantastic!) to basic chocolate fudge from Northern Michigan.

So far my favorite dessert however is a Lemon Cornmeal cake with fresh berries. The cornmeal keeps it from being too sweet so I suspect I’ll like it even when I can finally toss back those margaritas again.

Double, if not triple, the lemon zest.

1 comment: