Lamb Stir-Fry with Pomegranate and Yogurt

Lamb Stir-Fry with Pomegranate and Yogurt

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Ottolenghi’s Kofta (Lamb meatballs)


have a bookshelf in every room of my apartment. For anybody that lives in a Manhattan-sized apartment, this is borderline idiotic. I don’t have space for a box of Kleenex, but somehow I justify filling the rooms with stacks of books I will never read again.

The bookshelf in the dining area has a shelf devoted to cookbooks and I try to be ruthless about what books make the cut (even though ironically these are the ones I do read again.) I know I can find most recipes online but I’m 31 going on 91 and I still love making greasy fingerprints on cookbooks. 

Recently I saw the cover of Yotam Ottolenghi’s new cookbook Jerusalem and wanted it immediately. I actually ordered it and then cancelled it when I realized I didn’t have free shipping. Before I decided to simply add another cookbook to my order to qualify for free shipping, I decided to test out his Kofta recipe to make sure this book would be more than just pretty pictures.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/foodanddrink/recipes/9540785/Kofta-bsiniyah-recipe.html

For those of you who think meatballs need breadcrumbs, make these. Believe me - crushed pine nuts taste much better than breadcrumbs and do the job of holding these little guys together perfectly.

No comments:

Post a Comment