Lamb Stir-Fry with Pomegranate and Yogurt

Lamb Stir-Fry with Pomegranate and Yogurt

Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Roasted Eggplant with Yogurt Tahini Sauce


I never end up making the recipes in my cookbooks that don't have pictures accompanying them. It's sort of silly since the dish never looks like the picture anyways but it's the picture that grabs my attention. Although on the flipside I adamantly avoid restaurants that use pictures to advertise their food. Always a bad sign!   Anyways, this is my excuse for taking so long to make the roasted eggplant recipe in the Smitten Kitchen cookbook. I finally decided to give it a whirl since yogurt and tahini are staples in my house. I was surprised at how pretty it was. I guess that is the upside to not comparing your cooking to professional cookbook photos!

http://www.thegreenbeet.com/appetizers/item/339-roasted-eggplant-with-yogurt-tahini-sauce

It's a simple recipe that involves eggplant, chickpeas, garlic, yogurt, tahini and lemon. I garnished it with some paprika for some color. I didn't find it substantial enough for a whole meal (oink, oink) but it's great with a big salad. I also ate it for breakfast and it reheats well.  But then again I'm probably the only weirdo eating eggplant for breakfast.


No comments:

Post a Comment