Lamb Stir-Fry with Pomegranate and Yogurt

Lamb Stir-Fry with Pomegranate and Yogurt

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Lemon Gnocchi with Spinach and Peas


Every time I cook with cream, I swear to myself that I will cook with it more than I do. It's just plain awesome. I know, I know...fat content, calories, blah blah blah. But every once in a while I encourage you to go for it. I met a man this weekend whose most famous quote is "Have you every just enjoyed a big glass of cream?" If there are people doing that, you can handle a few tablespoons.

One of my favorite spring recipes is Lemon Gnocchi with Spinach and Peas.

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Lemon-Gnocchi-with-Spinach-and-Peas-240959

 It's a simple recipe that works with fresh or frozen peas. Simmer one cup of peas with 1/2 cup of cream, a dash of red pepper flakes, and chopped garlic until they are cooked. Add 3 cups of spinach and stir  until they wilt. Take the pan off the heat and add zest from one lemon and a few teaspoons of lemon juice. Toss with Parmesan cheese and a bit of water from the cooked gnocchi.

The best part of cooking with cream is you are bound to have leftovers for indulgent cups of coffee, whipped cream with strawberries or a cream based soup. Or you could just drink it.


1 comment:

  1. May I suggest another delicious use for leftover cream? When I was little and we were out of milk, my mom would give me sugar smack cereal with cream. I highly recommend as a nutricious (sp?) way to start the day!

    ReplyDelete