Lamb Stir-Fry with Pomegranate and Yogurt

Lamb Stir-Fry with Pomegranate and Yogurt

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Spicy Peanut Dressing with Pomegranate Molasses


I should never do anything without a list, especially shop for groceries. Even if I have made a recipe a thousand times, I still manage to forget half the key ingredients unless I write them down. Last night I started to chop up some kale for my favorite Kale Tabbouleh Salad and then realized I was missing the chickpeas and the grains. I had, however, bought the mint which is the most expensive item in the recipe so I was determined to use it. I googled mint and kale and stumbled across a recipe for which I had all the ingredients on-hand. Nothing beats that on a cold winter night!

It was a simple salad with a peanut-based dressing that called for my newly-acquired pomegranate molasses. I was hesitant about the combination at first and tried it before sacrificing my mint to its flavors, but the dressing was fantastic. It hits all the right salty, sweet and spicy notes without being too heavy and overwhelming.


I did not use a blender as suggested but just whipped together 3 tbsp of peanut butter, 3 tbsp warm water, 3 tbsp rice wine vinegar, 1 tbsp pomegranate molasses, 1 tbsp soy sauce, 1tsp fresh garlic, minced, 2 tsp fresh minced ginger, 1tsp sesame oil and1 tsp dried red chili flakes. Toss with a one bunch of chopped kale, one cup chopped mint and one cup of chopped nuts of your choice. The dressing is thick so toss for a good few minutes to distribute.

No comments:

Post a Comment