Lamb Stir-Fry with Pomegranate and Yogurt

Lamb Stir-Fry with Pomegranate and Yogurt

Thursday, April 18, 2013

Raw Buckwheat, Walnut and Apple Porridge


When I first tried this porridge a few months ago, it tasted like how I imagine health food stores smelled in the 1970s. It just tasted so….healthy! Too healthy.
However, I had made a big batch and I am not one to waste food, so I continued eating it dutifully every morning that week. By the third day, I was hooked. Don’t get me wrong, this does not taste like oatmeal with cream, brown sugar and butter, but it’s quite good when you consider how healthy it is. It’s fresh, filling and packed with magnesium and omega-3. And while buckwheat has a strong, earthy flavor, you can top it with whatever spices, fruit or nuts you like to suit your taste.


This is not for everyone but give it a shot if you are feeling like a hippy!

No comments:

Post a Comment