Lamb Stir-Fry with Pomegranate and Yogurt

Lamb Stir-Fry with Pomegranate and Yogurt

Thursday, June 5, 2014

Fresh Strawberry Cream Cheese Frosting



Annecy turned one yesterday. When Xavier turned one, I brought in Day of the Dead decorations from a work trip to Mexico, invited 30 people over, mixed up fresh margaritas, made 3 types of tacos and hunted down black food coloring to make a skull on his cake. I think I even bought him a gift...and wrapped it. Flash forward to second child. Annecy got cupcakes after school in the park with a side of cheddar bunnies and apple sauce. Anyways, I felt that the least I could do was make her first experience with pure sugar worth it!

I'm a 'ditch the frosting, eat the cake' kind of girl so when I say this frosting is amazing, I really mean it. I could eat it with a spoon. (I'm not sure why I used the theoretical there since I did eat it with a spoon!) 

Cream together 8 oz of cream cheese and 1/4 cup butter, softened. Slowly add 2 cups of powdered sugar. Then add 1/2 cup smashed and drained strawberries. Try to get as much liquid as possible out of the berries and then chill to make it firm up. 



Make this frosting this summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment