Lamb Stir-Fry with Pomegranate and Yogurt

Lamb Stir-Fry with Pomegranate and Yogurt

Thursday, August 14, 2014

Charred Okra with Tomato, Garlic and Preserved Lemon


To be honest, I don't get that excited about farmer's markets, especially in this city. I like the idea of them, but around here I feel like they are filled with overpriced bee's wax candles and what look suspiciously like mass-produced pies. But last summer a Project Eats stand opened up across the street from me. Project Eats is an urban farming initiative, and they converted an ugly vacant lot in the public housing in front of my apartment into a garden. These guys rule.

Last week they had great looking tomatoes and okra so I tested out Ottolenghi's recipe in the Jerusalem Cookbook.

http://www.ottolenghi.co.uk/charred-okra-with-tomato-garlic-preserved-lemon-shop

Like everything in that cookbook, it was delicious.

1 comment: