Lamb Stir-Fry with Pomegranate and Yogurt

Lamb Stir-Fry with Pomegranate and Yogurt

Thursday, January 15, 2015

Crispy Sweet Potato Roast


Before
I suspect I'm not the only one that is glad the holidays are over. I wouldn't define myself as a Scrooge, but I do find the time between Thanksgiving and New Years to be a bit overwhelming. This year was particularly crazy as we flew both kids across the country, and had one too many mornings with a toddler on East Coast time.


After
Before I move on and start researching what miraculous recipes are going to keep me warm and happy in January, I wanted to share my favorite recipe from the holidays. It's a really good looking sweet potato dish, and it doesn't involve marshmallows or cinnamon.  Yuck!


It's from Smitten Kitchen and it's a savory, crispy roast that you can garnish as you wish. I used crème fraîche and chives.

http://smittenkitchen.com/blog/2014/11/crispy-sweet-potato-roast/

 The annoying part is slicing all the sweet potatoes but enlist help, and poor yourself a drink. It's heavy in a decadent holiday-way, but doesn't feel as belly-stuffing as mashed potatoes. It still warranted a freezing walk on the beach though!



No comments:

Post a Comment