Lamb Stir-Fry with Pomegranate and Yogurt

Lamb Stir-Fry with Pomegranate and Yogurt

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Baked Oatmeal with Almonds, Bananas and Strawberries


I woke up Saturday morning and literally leapt out of bed, threw on 44 layers of clothes and ran across the street and bought the only missing ingredient in the recipe doing circles in my head. Bananas. Every once in a while a recipe gets stuck in my mind and when I decide I want to make it, I don’t really want to eat anything else.

If you are like me, you want to like oatmeal. I have ancient relatives (Great Great Uncle Stan) who swear it’s what kept them alive. I find it unsatisfying though, especially 20 minutes after I have eaten it. It’s a tease. I feel full and then soon thereafter I could eat eggs benedict. There was something about baked oatmeal that sounded heartier – more like a meal and less like a cereal.

I followed Heidi Swanson’s recipe that is only in her cookbook but has been discussed online on various blogs.

http://www.lottieanddoof.com/2011/04/baked-oatmeal/

You can play with the fruit and nut combination, but I recommend sticking to the bananas on the bottom since it ensures that the oatmeal comes off the pan easily. You can adjust the butter and sugar to match your dedication to your new years resolution. Don’t ask.

No comments:

Post a Comment