Lamb Stir-Fry with Pomegranate and Yogurt

Lamb Stir-Fry with Pomegranate and Yogurt

Saturday, September 22, 2012

Slow Cooker Moroccan Lamb Tagine


For the first time in my life, I’m looking forward to fall. I think because dealing with a toddler who won’t wear a hat or sunglasses, acts like sunscreen is liquid acid and is too young to realize it’s cooler in the shade is a bit exhausting. Lazy summer days reading on the beach with a cold beer are behind me….for now.

So I welcomed the first bit of chill in the air. To celebrate, I got down my slow cooker and poked through some Moroccan lamb recipes. I ended up going for one with garbanzo beans, dried apricots and my entire spice cabinet. I didn’t have eggplant on hand but that would have been a good addition. Olives would be good too. I skipped the prunes as they sounded too sweet. I served it with cilantro and toasted almonds over millet.


It was incredibly tasty with a glass of red wine on a fall evening. I know that come February I will despise stews and heavy red wines but for now I’m loving the change!

No comments:

Post a Comment