Lamb Stir-Fry with Pomegranate and Yogurt

Lamb Stir-Fry with Pomegranate and Yogurt

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Teff Flour Peanut Butter Cookies


Cookies without sugar, eggs, butter, oil or wheat flour? I was skeptic! So skeptic in fact that I dusted half the batch with sugar as a precaution in case the others weren't edible.

I'm happy to report that the extra sugar was totally unnecessary. These bad boys are really good and stay moist and chewy for at least a week..and counting.

The only ingredients you need are peanut butter, teff flour (an Ethiopian grain available widely now), maple syrup, apple sauce and vanilla.
http://melshealthykitchen.com/2011/06/03/teff-flour-peanut-butter-cookies/

It's a decent amount of maple syrup so I wouldn't say these are like eating carrots sticks but they are healthy enough to have for breakfast in my book.

No comments:

Post a Comment