Lamb Stir-Fry with Pomegranate and Yogurt

Lamb Stir-Fry with Pomegranate and Yogurt

Thursday, January 23, 2014

Cod with Miso, Ginger, Garlic and Greens


A bunch of us rented a cabin in the Catskills for MLK weekend. It was a wonderful mess of toddlers and babies, good wine, great food and a few stolen moments of peace and quiet. Like on most holiday weekends, I ate a lot of rich foods…onion soup, pancakes with butter and syrup and giant lattes. For lunch one day, Lionel braved the cold and grilled up some wings and cheeseburgers. I washed that down with a few beers.

By the time Monday rolled around, I was ready for detox. I found this recipe for cod with miso, ginger, garlic and greens. 

http://www.girlwithspoon.com/2012/04/steamed-white-fish-with-ginger-garlic.html

The photo makes it look bland but this fish was infused with wonderful flavor. The salty miso and the pungent ginger and garlic are a perfect combination for a mild fish like cod. I steamed it along with some broccolini and served it with quinoa. I can’t say enough good things about this recipe, especially given how quick and easy it is. I feel healthy just thinking about it...convenient since this freezing weather is making me think about onion soup and giant lattes again!

No comments:

Post a Comment