Lamb Stir-Fry with Pomegranate and Yogurt

Lamb Stir-Fry with Pomegranate and Yogurt

Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Leek, Apple, Fennel Sausage and Goat Cheese Crepes


My friend Liz just had her third girl, Ciel, who is four weeks old and gorgeous. I figured this was the perfect time to show up at her house for an Easter feast...because who doesn't want to cook a holiday meal for a bunch of guests on three hours of sleep while juggling an infant?

My loud, jellybean-hyped family literally descended on her kitchen and ate her out of house and home last Saturday. She made absolutely delicious crepes. I have never been excited by crepes because they conjure up images of giant bottles of Nutella or greasy ham and cheese blobs. But Liz whipped up some crepes from a Crepe Cookbook that I'm seriously considering buying despite only being recently converted. The Leek, Apple, Fennel Sausage and Goat Cheese crepes might be the best thing I have eaten all winter. And it's been a long freakin' winter!

http://www.finecooking.com/recipes/leek-apple-sausage-goat-cheese-crepes.aspx

I'm not sure I could make the crepes as pretty at Liz did. I think giving her most recent daughters French names has infused her with Parisian culinary powers. I guess I'll just have to invite myself over again. Memorial Day crepes here we come!



Cookies trump crepes

No comments:

Post a Comment