Lamb Stir-Fry with Pomegranate and Yogurt

Lamb Stir-Fry with Pomegranate and Yogurt

Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Vaguely Vietnamese Slow Cooker Pork Tacos


Spring seems like a good time to put away the slow cooker. Who wants beef stew when the daffodils are out?! (And by 'out,' I mean for sale at the local bodega.) But just when I thought I was done with this method of cooking for the season, I stumbled upon this recipe for Vietnamese tacos in the New York Times. Something about the Asian pear, cucumber, and cilantro slaw made it seem brighter and more spring-like so I gave it a try.

http://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/1017230-vaguely-vietnamese-slow-cooker-pork-tacos

It's really good! To cut down on the weekday work, I used the Trader Joe's broccoli slaw shavings and just added the cucumber and Asian pear to the mix. When pulling the pork, I also tossed some of the extra fat.  It all came together very quickly, and if you make enough slaw, it feels like eating tacos and salad. Voila. Dinner is served. The flour tortillas were better with this, but the corn worked too.  Cheap, easy meal that I plan to put into serious rotation.

No comments:

Post a Comment