Lamb Stir-Fry with Pomegranate and Yogurt

Lamb Stir-Fry with Pomegranate and Yogurt

Thursday, April 6, 2017

Miso Butter Chicken

Once a week I bring lunch for Annecy and five other kids. The other four days I don’t have to do anything.  This was literally life changing after a few years of cutting up fruit to fit in tiny (always gets lost) tupperware and hunting down on-sale string cheese. I just make a normal meal, pack it up and send it along to be heated up and shared by all.

I used to be creative, but then I realized these kids are three so it’s not exactly an audience I need to impress. Lately I have been making the same dish over and over and over…and over again. And they love it. And I love it too.

https://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/1017699-miso-chicken

You basically just slather chicken with miso, butter, honey and rice wine vinegar and bake it. I use boneless thighs, but I’m sure other pollo parts would work. Sometimes I cut back on the butter if I'm not planning on eating it immediately with big piles of rice and a side of veggies. 

For summer camp, I have to pack lunch every day. Blah!

No comments:

Post a Comment