Lamb Stir-Fry with Pomegranate and Yogurt

Lamb Stir-Fry with Pomegranate and Yogurt

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Shaved Asparagus vs. Onion, Bacon and Cream Pizza


Even though I like to cook, I’m still a big fan of all-in-one meals like stews, pasta dishes full of vegetables and protein and big hearty salads. Last weekend I made pizza for the first time and it now falls solidly into my all-in-one meal category.

“Made” is an exaggeration since I really just decorated pizza. The dough at Whole Fields is delicious – both the whole wheat and white variety. I used a cookie sheet and it worked perfectly. The dough was crispy and chewy at the same time and there was not a soggy slice in sight.

Obviously the ‘decoration‘ possibilities are endless, especially in the summer. My two favorites were the shaved asparagus pizza and the onion, bacon and cream pizza from Smitten Kitchen. Try them both – ideally together – since it’s a great contrast of flavors.

Onion, Bacon and Onion:
http://smittenkitchen.com/2011/01/pizza-with-bacon-onions-and-cream/

Shaved Asparagus:
http://smittenkitchen.com/2010/05/shaved-asparagus-pizza/

Next week I want to try a roasted fig and goat cheese pizza. I predict a slight obsession coming on……

No comments:

Post a Comment