Lamb Stir-Fry with Pomegranate and Yogurt

Lamb Stir-Fry with Pomegranate and Yogurt

Monday, August 1, 2011

Whole Wheat Raspberry Ricotta Scones


As I have firmly established in many previous posts, I’m addicted to breakfast. No matter where I wake up – a tent, a Central American hotel for work or my very own bed – I start to think about breakfast as soon as my belly recognizes that it’s morning. Lately I have fantasized about being the type who makes batches of wholesome breakfast treats early in the week and then heats them up every morning so the whole apartment smell like warm bread and melted butter. Unfortunately, I’m never that organized. And in reality, I wouldn’t really want to be.

For a few mornings last month however, I was able to pop a few homemade scones into the oven for 12 minutes and feel smugly proud of myself. I made eight Whole Wheat Raspberry Ricotta Scones one evening to break in my new luxuriously spacious countertops. (Something about recklessly throwing around flour made me feel like I was finally in a real kitchen!) They are very simple to make with straightforward ingredients including flour, baking powder, sugar, salt, butter, raspberries, ricotta and heavy cream. The only catch is that you don’t really end up with a traditional scone. The ricotta keeps the dough so moist that it’s more like very lightly sweetened muffin shaped like a scone. You can serve them plain or with a scoop of leftover ricotta or butter.

Next week we’ll be back to store bought English muffins.

http://smittenkitchen.com/2011/07/whole-wheat-raspberry-ricotta-scones/

No comments:

Post a Comment