Lamb Stir-Fry with Pomegranate and Yogurt

Lamb Stir-Fry with Pomegranate and Yogurt

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Beluga Lentil Salad with Dandelion Greens and Walnuts


In case you haven’t heard me complain lately, I can’t eat anything anymore! In an effort to kick this autoimmune disease kicking around my gut, my nutritionist has cut out everything from my diet. No more rice with my curries or corn tortillas with my tacos. No more cheese, almonds or strawberries. And no more steak. Agghhh! The list goes on.

Anyways, luckily I still have that ‘love affair with lentils’ I mentioned a few years ago.  Lentils, unlike other legumes, satisfy that meaty craving I get and fill me up in a way most vegetarian meals can’t. Beluga black lentils are also just gorgeous to look at – although admire them before you cook them as they lose their caviar-like sparkle when they hit the pot.

  1.  Cook one cup of rinsed black lentils in big pot of water for 15 minutes and drain.
  2.  Sautee a big helping of cremini mushrooms in olive oil, garlic and shallots until almost cooked. Then toss in a healthy helping of greens such as dandelion or spinach. You can also just throw the greens in raw at the end for a more salad like meal.
  3. Make a mustardy vinaigrette with 2 teaspoons Dijon, 2 tablespoons vinegar and 3 tablespoons olive oil.
  4.  Toss the lentils and mushroom and greens mixture with the vinaigrette. Top with toasted walnuts (and cheese if you are lucky!) Serve with a wedge of lemon. 


No comments:

Post a Comment