Lamb Stir-Fry with Pomegranate and Yogurt

Lamb Stir-Fry with Pomegranate and Yogurt

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Roasted Radishes



My friend Theo went to the farmers market the other day and left me with an enormous bushel of radishes. Growing up my mom served them with ice cubes and sea salt as a refreshing snack after the beach. They were always a bit spicy as radishes are but nothing over the top. Theo's radishes, on the other hand, tasted like they were infused with habaneros. In an attempt to not waste food, I tried to eat them anyways but within seconds my mouth was on fire.  

Google to the rescue. It turns out you can roast radishes and it mellows their bite dramatically. Toss the radishes in salt, olive oil and herbs (if you have some) and roast them at 450 for 10-15 minutes. Give them a stir every five minutes or so. Roasted they maintain their radishy crunch but taste sweeter. I’m still not sure why we don’t see them like this more often!


1 comment:

  1. Love the idea of roasting them whole--I usually slice them and then stick 'em in the toaster oven. This way is even easier!

    ReplyDelete