Lamb Stir-Fry with Pomegranate and Yogurt

Lamb Stir-Fry with Pomegranate and Yogurt

Thursday, November 8, 2012

Chickpea Pancakes


Chickpea flour has been life changing over the past month. There are a lot of gluten-free flours out there, but most recipes call for a delicate balance of sorghum, amaranth, arrowroot and millet flour for example. By the time I read the list of ingredients, I have lost all desire to make the recipe. Something about ‘sorghum flour’ does not inspire me…

Chickpea flour, however, is straightforward, comes from a bean I’m very familiar with and tastes great. To make a chickpea flour pancake, you just mix the same amount of flour and water together and then adjust to a consistency you like. I usually do ½ a cup of each. Oil a small pan and then fill the pan entirely with the batter. Cover and let cook for 5 minutes. If you want a crispy pancake, flip it and cook it for a few more minutes.

The first time I ate it drizzled with tahini and honey. Last night I added some cumin and turmeric to the batter, cooked it with some vegetables and topped it with some sriracha. The whole process takes less than 10 minutes and you have a nutritious hearty meal. Without sorghum flour.

No comments:

Post a Comment