Lamb Stir-Fry with Pomegranate and Yogurt

Lamb Stir-Fry with Pomegranate and Yogurt

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Meeting my Hero and Raspberry Ricotta Scones

Deb Perelman of Smitten Kitchen fame had a book signing event for her new cookbook this past weekend. It's been months since I have cooked any of her recipes since they all include banned ingredients (sniffle), but I still read her blog religiously and fantasize about a time when my life will again include eggs, cream, cheese and warm bread.

Anyways, not being able to cook her recipes wasn't going to stop me from meeting her so I lined up with the rest of her followers to have my cookbook signed.  When it was my turn, I stumbled through an exchange with her about Xavier's birthday cake while flushing deeply. Pretty ridiculous.

The next morning, I made her Raspberry Ricotta scones - one of the few recipes in her book that she had previously written up online.

http://smittenkitchen.com/blog/2011/07/whole-wheat-raspberry-ricotta-scones/

It includes a long list of banned ingredients - cream, ricotta, flour, butter, etc. and they came out looking and smelling awesome. Xavier and Ryan gobbled them up and I inhaled deeply.

No comments:

Post a Comment