Lamb Stir-Fry with Pomegranate and Yogurt

Lamb Stir-Fry with Pomegranate and Yogurt

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Is Healthy Pumpkin Pie Worth Making? Yes!


I looked forward to Thanksgiving more this year than I ever have in the past. For months I have been anticipating my mother getting up with Xavier, my mother reading to Xavier, my mother taking long walks with Xavier…you get the drift. But I definitely wasn’t looking forward to the food. Not only am I not a huge fan of the standard offerings but with my wacky new diet, I can’t eat mashed potatoes with butter, gravy thickened with flour and pies full of both.

I contemplated just munching on string beans and plain turkey with a good book and a glass of wine. Instead I opted to join in on the culinary festivities instead with a gluten-free, vegan pumpkin pie. Don’t stop reading! Before you dismiss this recipe altogether, picture a rich crust made of pecans, honey and oats and a creamy pumpkin filling flavored with fresh spices and thickened with a bit of coconut butter.



I followed this recipe almost exactly but replaced the Earth Balance with coconut butter. It really was very good and with the heightened nutritional value, you can justify eating it for breakfast…all weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment