Lamb Stir-Fry with Pomegranate and Yogurt

Lamb Stir-Fry with Pomegranate and Yogurt

Monday, September 16, 2013

Bhindi Masala

This summer they opened a community garden across the street from me. To be honest, I'm not sure eating vegetables that grow THAT close to my stoop is a particularly good idea but nevertheless, I wanted to support the idea and the people behind it. I therefore ended up with some okra this weekend and finally got the chance to make one of my favorite Indian dishes.

Bhindi Masala is a flavorful dish that begins with frying the okra (which takes away some of the stickiness that some people don't like). I read through a bunch of recipes and picked this one based on the ingredients I had at home. 

http://www.vegrecipesofindia.com/bhindi-masala/
I didn't have dry mango powder but I did add the fenugreek which is delcious. Now I just have to stop picturing the giant rats that probably roam our community garden. Ick!


No comments:

Post a Comment