Lamb Stir-Fry with Pomegranate and Yogurt

Lamb Stir-Fry with Pomegranate and Yogurt

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Plum Coffee Cake Muffins

I haven't been cooking this summer and it's actually been wonderful to take a break. I have been mooching off my parents, vacationing and eating out and having lazy lunches of spoonfuls of peanut butter with a side of ice cream. It's been awesome.

This weekend, however, my parents asked me to stop by the farmer's market to pick up some vegetables for dinner. I guess they have caught on to the mooching trend. Anyways, I got sweet talked into buying way too many plums which turned out to be too ripe. (I knew I was getting the hard sell!) I didn't want them to go to waste so I made muffins. I followed Martha Stewart's recipe exactly but I added a bunch of ground flax seed to try and get something besides sugar into my toddler.

http://www.twopeasandtheirpod.com/plum-coffee-cake-muffins/

The report back was that these were really good. The plums in the middle, however, create a natural break point that allows said toddler to more easily just eat the sugary tops off the muffins and leave the rest. Owell...I'm the one eating ice cream for lunch so it's hard to claim any moral ground these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment