Lamb Stir-Fry with Pomegranate and Yogurt

Lamb Stir-Fry with Pomegranate and Yogurt

Tuesday, November 5, 2013

"Spicy" Birthday Cupcakes


Every mom has something (many things!) they feel guilty about and then they have their tricks to make themselves feel better. For me, cooking for Xavier makes me feel like a good mom. There is no logic behind this. Xavier doesn’t like my co

oking and would much rather eat pasta and butter. And when I’m cooking, he’s usually watching TV or begging me to play trains with him. But for whatever reason, I still insist on going out of my way to make him homemade goodies. For his birthday, the day after Halloween, I thought I would be clever and make pumpkin cupcakes. I was feeling incredibly virtuous for actually making the cupcakes for a bunch of toddler I barely know and for sneaking in a vegetable.  



When I picked him up at daycare, I asked him if he liked his cupcakes. In blunt toddler fashion, he said “No. They were too spicy.” Spicy??? Ay ay ay. Whose kid is this and how can he think ground ginger is spicy when it’s surrounded by cups of sugar and cream cheese frosting?! For his actual birthday party, I made vanilla cupcakes with Reeces Pieces. Zzzzzz. I snuck two spicy ones in there (the ones with cinnamon sprinkled on them) and the adults gave a thumbs up.

Spicy??

No comments:

Post a Comment