Lamb Stir-Fry with Pomegranate and Yogurt

Lamb Stir-Fry with Pomegranate and Yogurt

Monday, July 6, 2015

Goan Shrimp Curry


I love NYC in the summer. Picnics on the Great Hill, free movies on the river, and drinks at my new favorite bar called Ellington in the Park on 105th looking out over the Hudson. I also sleep better in the summer because I can blast the AC and drown out the sirens and drunk people on my stoop!

The downside - the big downside - is not having outdoor space. It's brutal, especially with young kids as we have to be indoors after bedtime. This is why I was particularly appreciative of Rupal's rooftop dining invite last week. Dinner with her is a treat; I always leave feeling more relaxed and less overwhelmed by NYC. But I also leave with amazing leftovers!

Last week she made a Goan shrimp curry loosely based on this recipe:

http://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/goan-shrimp-curry

I'm going to try and replicate it next week. Do you think I could substitute playground dandelions and alley weeds for the edible flowers?

No comments:

Post a Comment