Lamb Stir-Fry with Pomegranate and Yogurt

Lamb Stir-Fry with Pomegranate and Yogurt

Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Quinoa and Chard Cakes

In the summer, I try to eat dinner in the park at least twice a week. While our fire escape works for bedtime stories, I’m not sure a family of four could comfortably dine out there. Luckily we have the world’s most amazing (overpriced) picnic chairs and the ubiquitous JJ cole picnic blanket that seems like it’s a requirement for entry into Central Park these days.

Anyways, I actually find it hard to pack a picnic that feels substantial, and doesn’t break the bank in the way French cheeses, prosciutto and baguettes do. When I saw this recipe for quinoa and chard cakes, I thought they would transport well, be good at room temperature and tempt my kids to eat vegetables. I was right on two counts.




I ended up using half rice and half quinoa to clear out the fridge, and I skipped the step of toasting and grinding the cumin and just used ground cumin. I served them with a dollop of garlic yogurt. The adults loved them. The kids ate pasta and chocolate covered raisons for dinner. Again.

http://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/1013616-quinoa-and-chard-cakes

No comments:

Post a Comment